Since HGTV understands design trends , it didn’t surprise me to see a beautiful line up of furniture from the new HGTV Home / Bassett Furniture collaboration. The line was introduced a few weeks ago at Highpoint market and will be available in stores within the next few months. Don’t the girls look fantastic in their vibrant colors!?
Impressive numbers of HGTV:
- Over 65 million tv viewers each month
- Over 5 million website visitors each month
- Top 10 brands on Pinterest
- Over 2 million Facebook fans
- HGTV magazine has over 500,000 subscribers
- #1 Cable channel for upscale women (median household income of $63,000)
Their styling focus will blur the lines of modern & traditional and will comprise of two main categories: Fresh Classic and Fresh Modern.
Fresh Classic: Think paisley, scrolls, and medallions
Fresh Modern: Crisp with pops of color, but not overly modern
Meadowbrook Manor is an updated traditional collection featuring a harlequin patterned signature piece. (sorry for the not so great quality photos…it’s the best I could get of a projection screen!)
Classic Chic tells a 20th century modern story with a 1920’s vision. Wood furniture is accented with white paint as well as deco handcuff hardware.
And for their 2013 Trend Preview:
- Community – “Craft” Inspiration, celebrating a mixture of pattern & color saturation
- Modern Heritage – An architectural story, traditional pattern with oversized motifs, lots of gray & teal
- Voyage – A rustic Indonesian journey with casual textures such as raphia, wovens, & bamboo
- Overexposed – Alter ego of Modern Heritage, the answer to ‘no color’ color, whites, beiges, metallics
- Graphic Control – Freedom of expression, bold color based with white
Here are a few showroom photos before my camera died:
Thank you Nancy Fire, Taniya Nayak, & Sara Peterson for a lovely presentation and to Kathy Wall & Cathy Lloyd from The Media Matters for the invitation and showroom tour! I look forward to seeing the new collection in stores!