I’ve been MIA on the blog lately, so here’s a chance to see all the things I’ve been up to lately. This is the first time I’ve done a Year End Review for myself, and if you’ve never done one, I encourage you to take a sheet of paper and write down each month. As the month ends, write down all your accomplishments. You’ll be amazed at what you’ve done.
So, here goes: In 2012 I…..
1. Taught a Leisure Course at LSU: Decorating Basics, and I’ll be teaching another starting next Thursday. Sign up and bring a friend…we’ll learn a ton and have lots of fun!
2. Was selected as a Style Spotter and trendsetter for Fall High Point Furniture Market.
3. Spoke about design trends on a Pinterest panel at High Point Market.
5. Tried out for HGTV’s Design Star and got a second call back! (Before going on the casting call, I mentioned I wanted to be on Design Star…someone in my immediate family said, “And thousands of people want to win the lottery too.”)
6. Hired by a pro athlete to design their second home!
8. Shot a professional video for a behind the scenes Furniture Market tour.
9. Am now a featured designer on HGTV.com’s Designers’ Portfolio!
10. Hired a designer for my team! (You’ll meet Amy this week)
All of this would not be possible without the motivation & tools from my business coach, Tobi Fairley, and the support from amazing friends I’ve met along the way (too many to mention here!) I remember the words from Robert Kiyosaki, “The reason I’m successful is because I have people better than me on my team: a smarter attorney, a banker that knows more than me, etc.” So….if you want to go further in life, get people on your team that can dream bigger dreams than you ever even imagined for yourself!