…and making it stylish too!
Whether you work from home or in a commercial space, organization is key to productivity! Sometimes spending a few bucks on boxes and organizational items can make all the difference, and if you’ve missed the Spring cleaning, now is your chance. I’ve teamed up with Olioboard and 16 other bloggers to create tips on organizing…I can’t wait to see what they come up with & the rooms they decide to feature!
1. Piles of paper can make your desk look messy, but adding a tray, like this Embossed Leather Ostrich Tray from StudioTen25 can be a holding place until you find time to sort or pay bills.
2. Thank you notes are a must, and what better way to neatly display them than placing them in a Glass Document Box.
3. If you collect magazines or other literature, translucent magazine files from The Container Store are a great way to keep subscriptions together. (Don’t forget your label maker!)
4. Open bookshelves and boxes are necessary so important things can be seen and easily accessed, but closed shelving and storage are also a must. Not everything can be neat all the time, and these stylish Fret Boxes with nailhead details are the perfect way to keep things, especially smaller items, out of sight.
5. Add a little glam to your office by placing gold binder clips in glass canisters from Crate & Barrel.
6. Who says file cabinets have to look industrial? Convert Wayfair‘s Jonathan Adler dresser into chic filing storage. (The bottom two drawers can become one, making it deep enough for hanging files!)
7. Sufficient lighting is vital in any workspace, but swanky fixtures can enhance the workspace aesthetics. This Brass Starburst Chandelier is definitely on my wish list!
8. Don’t forget about your office when incorporating beautiful artwork. If you spend a lot of time there, the space can be just as important as your foyer or living room. If your budget doesn’t allow for an original piece, opt for a giclee, but never compromise on size.
Hop on over to my friends’ blogs for more tips on organization:
If you need help organizing or creating a beautiful office space, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure and ask about our new Design In a Day services!