8 Tips For Organizing Your Home Office

…and making it stylish too!

Whether you work from home or in a commercial space, organization is key to productivity! Sometimes spending a few bucks on boxes and organizational items can make all the difference, and if you’ve missed the Spring cleaning, now is your chance. I’ve teamed up with Olioboard and 16 other bloggers to create tips on organizing…I can’t wait to see what they come up with & the rooms they decide to feature!

1. Piles of paper can make your desk look messy, but adding a tray, like this Embossed Leather Ostrich Tray from StudioTen25 can be a holding place until you find time to sort or pay bills.

2. Thank you notes are a must, and what better way to neatly display them than placing them in a Glass Document Box.

3. If you collect magazines or other literature, translucent magazine files from The Container Store are a great way to keep subscriptions together. (Don’t forget your label maker!)

4. Open bookshelves and boxes are necessary so important things can be seen and easily accessed, but closed shelving and storage are also a must. Not everything can be neat all the time, and these stylish Fret Boxes with nailhead details are the perfect way to keep things, especially smaller items, out of sight.

5. Add a little glam to your office by placing gold binder clips in glass canisters from Crate & Barrel.

6. Who says file cabinets have to look industrial? Convert Wayfair‘s Jonathan Adler dresser into chic filing storage. (The bottom two drawers can become one, making it deep enough for hanging files!)

7. Sufficient lighting is vital in any workspace, but swanky fixtures can enhance the workspace aesthetics. This Brass Starburst Chandelier is definitely on my wish list!

8. Don’t forget about your office when incorporating beautiful artwork. If you spend a lot of time there, the space can be just as important as your foyer or living room. If your budget doesn’t allow for an original piece, opt for a giclee, but never compromise on size.

Hop on over to my friends’ blogs for more tips on organization:

If you need help organizing or creating a beautiful office space, email me at: stacynaquin@cox.net.

Make sure and ask about our new Design In a Day services!

Comments

1. Easy to use, easy to follow, easy ways to make an office functional! Great post! I love the idea of turning a dresser into a filing cabinet! Happy #OlioHop

2. Abbe says:

Thank you for including so many pieces from Shop Ten 25 Stacy! What a gorgeous inspiration board, LOVE the green color palette! I would totally work here!
    Abbe-Shop Ten 25 / Studio Ten 25

3. Elle says:

That painting is one of my favorites… http://marycentral-studio.com/ Mary Lee’s originals are amazing pieces. so unique and fresh… We have a custom she did for our foyer.. and having two of the limited edition prints sent to my niece in London.. I just love her work.

http://marycentral-studio.com/ Mary Lee’s

4. Love the glam use for getting organized–and the color scheme. Enjoy the OlioHop!

5. Super chic! Easy and what a wonderful colour scheme!
    Love your blog too Stacy!!xo

6. Selma Hammer says:

Love your blog! Love your trendy and stylish ways to organize. I will use some of your ideas- stylish tray for my millions of papers, glass document box and translucent magazine files! Love! Emerald green chair is to die for, it’s my favorite color and birthstone!

7. Kudos to you on mentioning that file cabinets don’t have to look industrial. I have a hot pink file cabinet in my business office and it looks stunning. Happy Oliohop!!!

8. Lindsey says:

Love that glass document box! I haven’t seen that before and now I think I need one!! The gold clips are great too – I’m all for stylish office accessories!!

9. Erin says:

Hi! I found your blog and love it! :) I became your newest follower! :) I love this post! I am decorating my office! Erin

10. Katrina says:

Great post…love your board and organizing tips. The pops of green would make for a fun and inspiring office space. Had fun hopping with you!

11. Genna Corwin says:

As a lover of interior design and organization, I love this post and the resources. Thanks a bunch!

Trackbacks

1. [...] (pictured above, #8) by Mary Lee was recommended by Stacy Naquin as a way to decorate you office and bring more light into the [...]