One of the first books I picked up in college was Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. This book changed my life, my thinking & my perspective on business. The most profound statement he made was, “The reason I am successful is because I have a better accountant than me, a better lawyer than me, a better banker than me, etc.” Many people have too much pride to say they need help, so I made it a point to have people better than me on my team!
Last year I hired my first business coach. Tobi Fairley is an award winning Interior Designer, she was named top 20 in Traditonal Home Magazine & published in House Beautiful several times. To this day, she still has a business coach. You see, just when you think you’ve arrived, you’ll stop growing! I can tell you in this past year, I’ve done things I would have never dreamed of doing! This process has been life changing and a breath of fresh air. To learn more about her coaching program, click here.
5 Reasons to hire a business coach:
1. Accountability – A vision without action is a dream. It’s important to have follow through on your goals if you want to be successful.
2. New Perspective – Maybe you could benefit from more employees, taking a day off, or even going about your business a whole new way. A good coach will help you think outside the box.
3. Objective Feedback – This can be positive or negative. Perhaps you need to hone in on your strengths, or create a niche you never knew existed. Or maybe there is a new direction your business image needs to go. It is important to get honest feedback whether positive or negative.
4. Make More Money – Or should I say, “Charge what you’re worth!”. This seems to be a struggle for many people. I just saw a friend post yesterday: Lawyers don’t apologize or negotiate their fees, why do you apologize for making a living?
5. Two Is Better Than One – “Two is better than one because they have a good return for their work.” Eccl 4:9 If you meet with a group, like myself, you meet so many new like-minded friends. You can share successes, struggles & have others as a sounding board too.
Hiring a coach just may be what you need to take your business to the next level!