I can’t believe it’s been 9 months since I started my blog! It has been so rewarding & has been a creative outlet for me. (Don’t be alarmed if you’re considering starting one yourself…sometimes posts can take several hours to compose between organization of pictures, finding content, and writing.) But…I have met amazing friends through blog conferences, markets and social media & I’m completely honored to receive the The Versatile Blogger Award! (I still say in my head every time I spell receive: “I before E except after C”…the spelling/grammar rule…is it just me?)
Thank you so much Jennifer for considering me for this award. (I met Jennifer at a Color class in Atlanta. We posted a little back and forth through facebook, then a text here or there, and a few months later we were rooming together for the Highpoint Furniture Market!) She is an amazing writer (although she doesn’t give herself enough credit) and I have enjoyed our many hour long conversations about the business of design & late night “giggles”. (oh to be in high school again) Thanks again Jenn! You can check out her blog here.
Here’s how the “Versatile Blogger Award” works:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave the award to you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Send the award along to 7 other bloggers and let them know you have awarded them!
7 things you may not know about me:
1. I grew up in a home with lots of brown wood and tchotchkes (aka stuff all over) so that makes me a minimalist with a love of white
2. I grew up in a home with brown antiques (repeater Stacy) I love to paint wood, and I don’t care for antiques, in fact, some scare me.
3. I am a tomboy at heart. I love power tools & I always tried to smoke guys at sports. We would go camping when my son was younger, and I was usually the one showing the men how to put up their tents. Last confession: ”He-Man” was my elementary years birthday cake of choice.
4. I’m very competitive. (A game of put-put with the family can turn disastrous!…Did I mention my husband is uber competitive too!?)
5. I have a secret obsession with Barbie. I love her shoes, her house & her fantastic since of fashion. Oddly, I never “played” with her when I was younger. Instead, I threw her parties! I would spend hours wrapping her presents…the little shoes, purses, lipstick…. (you see where I get it from Lisa!) and I even had my friends mom show us how to sew clothes for her.
6. I submitted a video a few weeks ago for HGTV’s Design Star try-outs.
7. I have twin sisters 4 years younger than me. (They still team up on me
once in a while every chance they get)
Natalie & Nicole
Partners In Crime
Now, it’s my turn to pass the Versatile Blogger Award along to 7 other Bloggers that I love to follow and always look forward to reading their posts (it was really hard to pick only 7)….who knows, you may enjoy reading their blogs too. Be sure to check them out!!
Style For Living by Marianne Simon
Colour Me Happy by Maria Killiam
Life in a Venti Cup by Franki Durbin